Apple fans yearn for software updates like iOS 12 just like caged birds dream of the sky!
They now face an anxious wait for the release of iOS 12, the software which powers iPhones and iPads. But there’s a way of trying out the software immediately rather than waiting until later this year.
All you need to do is sign up for the public beta program at Apple’s website.
How to install the beta version of iOS 12
- Before you do anything – back up your device.
- Then you need to sign up for the public beta program using your Apple ID, which is used to access iTunes and the App Store.
- Once that’s done, open the beta website with Safari on your iPhone or iPad and follow the directions.
- Download the beta settings profile and install it.
- Then open up the setting app, click the ‘general’ and then ‘software update’ to install the beta.
Apple unveiled iOS 12 at WWDC, its annual gathering for the developers who build apps and other software.
When the software goes on general release later this year, users will be able to have group Facetime video chats which use AI to foreground the most ‘prominent’ people.
They will also have access to a new range of emojis as well as fresh animoji and personalised animated icons called Memoji, which can be customised by ‘choosing from a set of inclusive and diverse characteristics to form a unique personality’.