I’ll take you through the steps of rooting your Infinix Hot 4. First you must know that root makes your phone prone to brick and hence you are to do this at your own risk. Credits to hovatek for the tips and files needed. As much rooting has it disadvantages, it comes with advantages. Rooting your infinix hot 4 gives you access to the system files and hence you can manipulate the phone and customise the phone to your taste using custom ROMs.
Requirements to root infinix hot 4
- A PC and good USB cables
- VCOM drivers on your PC Download here
- Download SuperSU 2.76.zip Download here
- Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 4 Download here
- SP Flash tool Download here
- Good battery level
How to root infinix hot 4 – X557
- Move the SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card placing it in root folder.
- Power off the phone.
- Flash the already downloaded TWRP recovery.img to the phone using the downloaded SP flash tool.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing Volume up button + Power button. (i.e hold the power button and press volume up)
- On a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY.
- select NO, If TWRP offers to root the phone.
- Tap Install.
- Move to the location of the downloaded SuperSU 2.76.zip and select it.
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing completes.
- Reboot your phone normally.
- Confirm Root by installing and running a Root Checker application which you can get on play store.
This method works for infinix hot 4 with the model number X557